1) Electronic devices: laptop and accessories, power adaptor, AC adaptor, portable charger, etc. (The standard voltage in China is 220V. The picture below shows the standard power socket in China. Please bring your own voltage conversion devices.)
2) Bedding: bed sheet, duvet cover, pillowcase, duvet, mattress, etc.
3) Toiletries: lippers, bath towel, towel, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
4) Clothing: China has a vast territory; thus there are great climate differences in different areas and it is difficult to provide tips for what clothes to wear. Please prepare your clothes according to the geographic location of your school.
5) Common drugs: drugs for respiratory and digestive diseases, painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, mosquito repellent, moisturizer and so on.
6) It is advisable to bring some cash (RMB) with you to pay the basic expenses for transport from airport to school and daily necessities.
* We suggest that items such as electronic devices and daily necessities be purchased on campus or nearby shopping malls.
In addition, according to the regulations of the Chinese government, opium, morphine, heroin, marijuana and other addictive narcotic drugs and psychotropic drugs, as well as all kinds of weapons, simulated weapons, controlled knives, ammunition and explosives are all prohibited from being brought into China. For more information, please refer to the following websites:
Decree of the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (No.43) - Tables of Items Prohibited and Restricted from Entry/Exit
Announcement of the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (No. 46, 2013) - Interpretations on Issues Concerning Table of Items Prohibited from Entry/Exit and Table of Items Restricted from Entry/Exit