< Back to Study China
Zhejiang University
Home > Life > Housing

Housing Arrangements

facebook twitter linkedin
studyinchina.edu.cn | Updated: Sept 22, 2021

1.On-campus Living

International students who need to live in campus will be allocated by the university according to their majors, campuses where they will take their lectures. Necessities include beddings, desk and bookshelf, air-conditioning, hot water supply, campus wired and wireless network.

On-campus dwelling students should comply with the Regulations on Management of International Student Dormitories at Zhejiang University. Violators will be treated in accordance with relevant articles.

(1) Accommodation fee and living expenses

Dwelling students must pay accommodation fee in a timely fashion.

Students who pay by academic year should pay the accommodation fee for the entire academic year. Otherwise short term programme standard of payment would be applied.

Students who pay by day should pay the accommodation fee for 4 months at one time.

(2) Laundry service

Public laundry rooms are provided at basement (G1) in Chu Kochen Hall of International Education and Zijigang International Students Dormitory, where washing machines and drying machines are available. The charge is ¥4 RMB per bucket for washing machine, ¥6 RMB per bucket for drying machine.

(3) Internet service

On-campus dwelling international students can apply for opening campus network account with student card and photocopy of passport at the places below:

Yuquan Campus: Campus Network Center on the 6th floor of library;
Zijingang Campus: Administrative Hall of in Nano Building
Activation fee is ¥10 RMB, monthly rental fee is ¥50 RMB.

2. Off-campus Living

International students who need to dwell off campus must submit the Application Form for Off-campus Dwelling and obtain the consent from the International College. Off-campus dwelling international students shall sign formal and legal lease contract with the owner. Within 24 hours after move-in, they must go to the local police station in the dwelling area for a residence registration. International students who change their off-campus dwelling places must go to International College for registration and apply for new residence registration within 24 hours after moving into new place. They must go to International College to have their contact information, such as address and mobile number recorded.

Off-campus dwelling international students can apply to China Telecom and China Netcom for network service.